Friday, June 26, 2009

Update: Salzburg IS beautiful!

We went out this evening to get dinner and walked to the old part of Salzburg. There was a huge street party going on. As we are not much for partying, we kept walking, over the bridge, into older Salzburg. Wow! Happy surprise, this is a beautiful city. We walked along the old cobbled streets and eventually stumbled into a lovely courtyard. We sat down at an Italian restaurant, not expecting much. Another happy surprise, the food was fabulous! Skip and I shared an anti-pasta plate with delicious veggies and seafood. Luke had lasagna, I had minestrone and Skip and I shared a small pizza. It was all fresh and so good!

Afterward, we walked along the Danube and through a nice park. There were so many people out enjoying the nice weather. People here are friendly and happy. We kept stumbling upon one beautiful sight after another. We are looking forward to getting out and about tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment