In the morning we went up to the castle in Bled and took in the spectacular views. We also went in the museums and walked around the castle. Next we hiked the river gorge, which was beautiful and so dramatic. The temperature must have ranged at least 20 degrees. We have some great pictures. Next we went to the Brown Bear for a desert that Slovenia is famous for. I can see why! We drove out to Lake Bohinj and enjoyed the scenery of mountains and waterfalls. After collecting some supplies for the road we headed south.
We drove through the beautiful Alpine scenery of Slovenia. Gradually the temperature warmed and the terrain became more mediteranean. We arrived in Rijeka, Croatia just before 7:00. We borded our ferry and found our berth. It was tiny but comfortable. We had a tiny bathroom with a ship's head (shower, toilet and sink all in one tiny space). But hey, it worked. It was a beautiful evening, gorgeous scenery to watch. This morning as we were preparing to disembark, I went to use the loo one more time. As I stepped out, I caught the shower knob and drenched myself. Skip and Luke really enjoyed that!
We arrived in Hvar about 8:15, After a scary bus ride, we found our apartment, changed into our swimsuits, and hit the beach. We are having a vacation from our travels. Today was all about laying in the shade, swimming and napping!
I'm getting over a cold and a couple of days rest should be good.
No comments:
Post a Comment