We had a lazy day. We slept in, had breakfast at our apartment and then set out to explore. We hiked up to the fortress. There are beautiful views of the harbor and islands from up there. It is also one of the oldest fortresses in Europe. the earliest parts of the foundation are B.C. The most "recent" building was done in the 1600's. After lunch, we took a swim in the sea. It is very hot here, 90's I would guess.
We are here tomorrow too. Not sure what we're doing, mostly having a vacation from traveling!
As usual, Luke is enjoying being an "only" child. He loves to have out undivided attention. We sat outside on our patio last night, enjoying the pleasant weather and talking. It was Luke's favorite subject, history! We are missing Ian and Radey (and Allen)!
The trip sounds absolutely wonderful!! I'm glad you are all enjoying it so much. Not to be outdone, we are having beautiful 80 degree weather here. We are off to cabin tomorrow night for 4th of July weekend. I've been forwarding Barbara's missives of the kids days in Juneau. They are having a blast too! Love C
ReplyDelete